- ISBN: 0744035082, 9780744035087
- Page count: 352
- Published: 2021-12-14
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: DK
Whether you’re a biblical scholar or want to expand your theological knowledge, this is your perfect introduction to the Bible.
Using a combination of authoritative, accessible text and bold graphics, this guide to the Bible explains the core ideas and recurring themes of more than 100 of the most important Old and New Testament passages.
This Bible reference book is perfect for anyone who wants to study the Bible or with an interest in religion. It includes:
• Entries that are organized to follow the course of the Bible from start to finish.
• Profile boxes on key biblical figures — from Adam and Eve to Peter and Paul — key sites like Jerusalem and Rome, and essential theological theories like the Trinity.
• A uniquely accessible approach that appeals to a general readership of any faith.
• Scripture quotations taken from The Holy Bible, New International Version.
How does God speak through prophecy? Which disciples were closest to Jesus and spent the most time with Him? Explore the answers to these questions and many more in this Bible study book. Learn about the ideas and beliefs key to the teachings of the most widely printed book of all time.
Packed with biblical quotations, profiles of key figures and locations, flowcharts and infographics explaining the most significant concepts simply, The Bible Book has everything you need to navigate this ancient and inspiring text. It’s a useful resource for those seeking to deepen their understanding of Christianity or religion in general.
The Bible Book is part of the award-winning Big Ideas Simply Explained series from DK. It uses innovative graphics along with engaging writing to make complex subjects easier to understand.