- ISBN: 9780061860935, 9780061860935
- Page count: 0
- Published: 2009-02-24
- Format: DRM Protected ePub
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
- Author: Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
The award-winning bestseller that has helped millions, providing research-based, effective strategies, practical tips and real-life stories
The spirited child—often called "difficult" or "strong-willed"—possesses traits we value in adults yet find challenging in children. Research shows that spirited kids are wired to be "more"—by temperament, they are more intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent, and uncomfortable with change than the average child. In this award-winning classic, voted one of the top twenty books for parents, Dr. Mary provides a refreshingly positive viewpoint and a plan for success with a simple four-step program.
In this book, you will find ways to:
· Understand your child's—and your own—temperamental traits
· Discover the power of positive—rather than negative—labels
· Cope with the tantrums and power struggles when they do occur
· Develop strategies for handling mealtimes, sibling rivalry, bedtimes, holidays, and school, among other situations
Including quick tips and strategies for today’s time-challenged parents, Raising Your Spirited Child will help you foster a supportive, encouraging, and loving environment for your spirited child.