- ISBN: 0451528433, 9780451528438
- Page count: 384
- Published: 2002-07-01
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Signet Classics
The Signet Classics edition of Shakespeare's powerful tragedy of divided politics.
One of the Bard’s final tragedies, this is the story of an Ancient Roman soldier whose political machinations and military might gain him heroic status, but ultimately lead to his assassination.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, Reuben Brower
• Selections from Plutarch's Lives of Noble Grecians and Romans, the source from which Shakespeare derived Coriolanus
• Dramatic criticism from A. C. Bradley, Wyndham Lewis, D. A. Traversi, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
• And more…