- ISBN: 0899574769, 9780899574769
- Page count: 800
- Format: Hardcover
- Publisher: AMG Publishers
AN ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO JESUS
for every home and library.
THE FIVE SECTIONS IN THE BOOK CONTAIN:
1. COMPARING MODERN VIEWPOINTS
Leading Christians from the 20th and 21st centuries, such as, Billy Graham, C.S.Lewis, M.Lloyd-Jones, J.I.Packer, and John Stott give summaries of some of their views on the person of Jesus, the death of Jesus, and the resurrection of Jesus.
2. THEOLOGIANS AND CHRISTIAN WRITERS
The majority of the book consists of some of the most helpful writings and sermons of faithful Christians theologians, pastors, Bible teachers, and evangelist from throughout the Christians era. Most of these entries are in chronological order of the bird of writers.
3. POEMS, HYMNS, MEDITATIONS, AND PRAYERS
Poems, hymns, meditations, and prayers about Jesus have been collected together under the following headings: Jesus'birth, the life of Jesus, the death of Jesus, the resurrection of Jesus, the ascension of Jesus, and the return of Jesus
4. QUOTATIONS COLLECTIONS
Nearly six hundred quotations about Jesus are assembled here.
A variety of checklists on the person and work of Jesus are included. The following mine studies are found scattered throughout the encyclopedia:
* Old Testament prophecies fulfilled in Jesus Christ
* 50 specific prophecies fulfilled in Jesus
* 92 prophecies in the Psalms fulfilled in Jesus
* 121 Messianic prophecies of Isaiah fulfilled in Jesus Christ
* Bible Study on the attributes/character of Jesus
* Bible Study on Jesus' names and titles
* Bible Study on the second coming of Jesus
* Bible Study on being "In Christ"
* Bible study on instances of faith in Christ (in the New Testament)