- ISBN: 0486245527, 9780486245522
- Page count: 48
- Published: 1984-01-01
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Dover Publications
Did you know that:
• Great Danes did not originate in Denmark.
• Chihuahuas were used in religious rituals by the Aztecs in Mexico.
• Poodles were originally water retrievers and truffle hunters.
• Pomeranians are miniature descendants of sled dogs from Iceland and Lapland.
• Dogs mentioned in the Bible are very similar to today's Salikis.
Animal illustrator John Green and writer Soren Robertson have teamed up to create a unique coloring book that reveals many fascinating facts about humanity's "best friend." Here are 42 popular breeds — dachshund, beagle, collie, cocker spaniel, St. Bernard, greyhound, poodle, German shepherd, and more — all rendered in superb line drawings. Each breed's average height and weight, standard coloring, general characteristics, and historical origins are described in concise captions; a helpful glossary defines hair-color terms. While showing how dogs serve humanity as hunters, racers, workers, beginning with the first wolf-like dogs who hunted 50,000 years ago.